Nice post at avc.com & a few insights that might be useful to many:
- Early in a start-up, product decisions should be hunch driven. Later on, product decisions should be data driven.
- Hunches come from being a power user of the products in your category and from having a long standing obsession about the problem you are solving.
- Ideas that most people derided as ridiculous have produced the best out comes. Don’t do the obvious thing.
- If you have an idea that you can’t get out of your head, do a start-up. Otherwise join a start-up.
- Take risks when you get out of business school. If you don’t take risks, you won’t find yourself in an interesting job and career.
Read the full article at http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2011/02/mba-tuesday.html.