(Picture courtesy Jason Schlachet)
Planning is a critical starting point in preparing for a presentation. Before starting on your slides the next time, try answering the following 8 points to be better prepared for the presentation (or speech or panel discussion).
- My main goal of this presentation is for the audience to ______.
- The top 3 things I need the audience to take away from this presentation are ____, ____ & _____.
- In the first few minutes (no more than 2), I will capture this audience by _____.
- If my gear dies, the main 3 things I will tell them are ____, ____ & ____.
- If they start looking bored or confused, I will shift gears by ____.
- At the end of this presentation, I want people to ____.
- When I’m done the presentation, I will ____.
- When following up with people after this presentation, I will offer them _____.
Read the full article by Chris Brogan here.
~ Good Presentations