Wikipedia defines photo walking as the act of walking with a camera for the main purpose of taking pictures of things that the photographer may find interesting. Saturday morning witnessed my first photo walk.
A couple of mates & I planned to capture the blooming relishes of Bengaluru city (still feels odd to deviate from Bangalore). But we ended up capturing a lot more. I was also pleasantly surprised by the good time I had over this boys outing.
- Firstly, the early morning walk is much healthier than the usual beer sessions that we resort to for boys bonding.
- I learned a lot about photography from my mates.
- You read it in photography sites & books – clicking is the best way to learn. I got to practice quite a few things that I have been reading about.
- Once in a while its also good to get a feel for how your photography is progressing. For me, crisp clear pictures are still a struggle, composition techniques are a conscious effort yet, need to start experimenting with RAW format & post processing might be something to play around with.
- Lastly, the photo walk was a good lead into what turned out to be a great weekend.
Looking forward to planning my next photo walk.
Based on inputs from My Sunny Balcony’s Sriram Aravamudan, these pink flowers must be Burmese Cassia (Cassia Renigera). I have started to look forward to Feb-Mar every year just for these beauties.
Navin Gundurao & Ramkumar – my mates on the walk. Check out more snaps from Ramkumar’s iPhone here.
This dude believes there is no gain without any pain. Just to prove the point, he made it to the pits. Watch this space to catch a glimpse of his camera work.
You might also want to read these related posts :
Bangalore Flower Power! By Sriram Aravamudan