Though I haven’t read the book itself, I have come across a fair share of references to the book & also interviews of the author Carmine Gallo. Listed below are a few of my notes from the book & its message:
- Do What You Love
- Do what you love. For anyone who has not found their passion yet, Jobs recommends they keep looking till they find it rather than getting into something one don’t care about.
- Put A Dent In The Universe
- Have a vision that is much bigger & more impactful than your product / service.
- Kick Start Your Brain
- The most important skill that separates innovative people from others, is their ability to connect seemingly unrelated issues or concepts from diverse experiences. Opt for varied life experiences.
- Sell Dreams, Not Products
- Advertising should show how the product can make life better, rather than flashy visuals and texts. The iPad + Velcro video popped to mind.
- Say NO To 1,000 Things
- Eliminate clutter & keep it simple. Apple is as proud of all the things they don’t do, as they are about the things they do.
- Create Insanely Great Experiences
- Master The Message
- Explain your product / services in three precise points to make the message easy to remember. Consistency of messaging is as important as the message itself.
~ Technometria with Phil Windley (podcast)
~ Fast Company (article)
~ Quotes To Live By – Life Lessons from Richard Branson
~ Thinking of becoming an entrepreneur?
~ 5 New Year Resolutions To Be More Innovative
~ It is a SPIKY (not flat) World